• VDB's Frank admission

    Donny van de Beek has revealed his admiration of Frank Lampard was a big reason why he joined Everton.

    He said: “I had a really positive meeting with the new coach. We have the same ideas about football and he had a lot of influence on my decision.

    “I played against him when I was at Ajax, and he was at Chelsea [as manager], so he knows me as a player. He thinks I have qualities that can help the team.

    “I can learn a lot from him because he was a little bit in the same position – a midfield player who scored a lot of goals.”

  • Lingard running out of time - but not out to Toon?

    Jesse Lingard seems certain to stay at Manchester United.

    We reported earlier this evening that the Red Devils appeared to be blocking a deadline exit.

    And it's understood the England midfielder's main suitors Newcastle have pretty much accepted that situation.

  • Donny 'happy' to join Everton

    Donny van de Beek has spoken of his delight after joining Everton on loan from Manchester United.

    Speaking to Everton’s website, Van de Beek said: “Now I can say I am an Everton player, I am really happy and can’t wait to help the team.

    “I think it is a great club. There are really good players here and I came because I want to help them go up the table.”

    “I hope to bring my football qualities, my passing, and, of course, scoring goals. It is a big part of my game to score and give assists and I will try to do that again.

    “And it is not only offensive, you have to defend as a midfielder and I can do that as well.”

  • PS I still love Man U

    Ander Herrera reportedly ruled out joining Spurs today from PSG as he still feels loyal to old club Manchester United.

    The Athletic say Herrera’s name was mentioned as being part of a deal that would see Tanguy Ndombele head the other way to PSG.

    But Herrera insists he is ‘happy’ at the French giants and ‘would only want to play for Manchester United in England’.

  • Jesse Limbo-gard

    Jesse Lingard has been left been left in a footballing limbo after his proposed move to Newcastle broke down, writes NEIL CUSTIS.

    Lingard, who is out of contract at the end of the season, wanted a loan deal to Saint James’ Park to the end of the season but the Old Trafford chiefs wanted a permanent move.

    Newcastle proposed a deal of £3million to the end of the season plus a further £4million if the relegation threatened club stayed up.

    Man United however wanted at least a straight a £10million deal to the end of the season if no permanent offer was given.

    The 29-year-old has not started a Premier League game since New Years Day and only twice all season.

    Less than a fortnight ago manager Ralf Rangnick was asked about his position and seemed to suggest the player could leave if the situation was right..

    Rangnick said:  "What I can say is he's a very good player, a technical player, of course, he can play in many Premier League clubs on a regular basis.

    "Here, at Manchester United, it's not so easy, we have other players who can also play in that position and we cannot change from one game to the other on five or six positions.

    "I know his contract is expiring in the summer, the question is what does he want to do? Does he want to get more game-time from now on, then I think it's quite legitimate to speak and think about other options.

    But I wouldn't be unhappy if he stayed until the rest of the season."

  • Haaland globe trotter

    Erling Haaland reportedly dashed to Monaco to have urgent talks about his future with agent Mino Raiola - who's recovering in hospital, writes JUSTIN LAWRENCE.

    The prolific Borussia Dortmund striker's been courted by a slew of European giants - including Manchester United and City - since a £65million buy-out clause in his contract became active.

    The reduced fee allows him to open talks with other clubs who meet the valuation in summer 2022.

    Spanish behemoths Real Madrid and Barcelona have also been strongly linked with the 21-year-old goal-scoring phenomenon.

    City were said to be on the brink of winning the race to sign the Yorkshire-born sensation - who's scored a staggering 80 goals in 79 appearances for Dortmund since arriving from RB Salzburg two years ago.

    However, it's been reported in the last few days that Haaland has his heart set on a move to Barca - and he's prepared to wait until the Blaugrana get their dismal finances in order to get his dream transfer.

    But it's emerged that Haaland won't be going anywhere before the transfer window closes today, or in the foreseeable future.

    That's because his agent Raiola, who pulls the strings in Haaland's transfer saga, is recovering in hospital with an unknown illness, Spanish publication Marca report.

  • Utd slam door on Lingard leaving

    Jesse Lingard will NOT be leaving Manchester United before the winter transfer window slams shut, despite interest from a number of clubs, writes GIACOMO PISA.

    Manchester United are not willing to sanction a move to either West Ham, Tottenham or Newcastle.

    Interim boss Ralf Rangnick had given the ok for Lingard to leave after a meeting earlier today at United’s Carrington training base.

    But The Athletic report Red Devils were not keen to sanction a move to top-four rivals West Ham or Tottenham.

    Newcastle too could soon become direct competition after their Saudi-backed takeover, which put United off doing business with the Magpies.

    That’s despite the Toon and West Ham both submitting improved packages for his services.

    The loan departures of Donny van de Beek and Anthony Martial leave United short of options, while Mason Greenwood has been suspended indefinitely after being arrested on suspicion of rape and assault.

    As a result, the club may see Lingard as part of their plans for the next six months.

    But with Lingard out of contract in the summer, an exit seems inevitable come the end of the campaign.

  • Van de Beek admires Lampard

    Donny van de Beek has revealed his admiration of Frank Lampard was a big reason why he joined Everton.

    He said: “I had a really positive meeting with the new coach. We have the same ideas about football and he had a lot of influence on my decision.

    “I played against him when I was at Ajax, and he was at Chelsea [as manager], so he knows me as a player. He thinks I have qualities that can help the team.

    "I can learn a lot from him because he was a little bit in the same position – a midfield player who scored a lot of goals."

  • Donny: 'I am really happy'

    Donny van de Beek has spoken of his delight after joining Everton on loan from Manchester United.

    Speaking to Everton's website, Van de Beek said: "Now I can say I am an Everton player, I am really happy and can't wait to help the team.

    "I think it is a great club. There are really good players here and I came because I want to help them go up the table."

    "I hope to bring my football qualities, my passing, and, of course, scoring goals. It is a big part of my game to score and give assists and I will try to do that again.

    "And it is not only offensive, you have to defend as a midfielder and I can do that as well."

  • Van de Beek move announced

    Manchester United have officially announced Donny van de Beek's loan move to Everton until the end of the season.

    A statement read: "Van de Beek’s professionalism and work ethic were recently praised by interim manager Ralf Rangnick, but the fierce competition for places in our midfield has limited his playing time.

    "A decision was made to allow Donny to look for regular football elsewhere and, as such, the 24-year-old will spend the remainder of 2021/22 with Everton."

  • Merson backs van de Beek

    Donny van de Beek signing for Everton on loan would mean their January transfer window has been a hit.

    That's the verdict from Sky Sports pundit Paul Merson as the Toffees close in on a deal for the Manchester United midfielder until the end of this season.

    He told Sky Sports: "I'll go hit with Frank [Lampard] and Donny van de Beek. I mean Nathan Patterson is one for the future maybe - and the other lad [Vitaliy Mykolenko] had a bit of a nightmare away at Norwich so I think the jury is out on him at the minute.

    "Frank when he was the Chelsea manager, he had a go at winning football matches. Some days it didn't work out at Stamford Bridge and they didn't look like scoring in a month of Sundays. But at least he went for it still.

    "They will back him at Everton and they will play entertaining football. I'm glad he's got another chance."

  • Lingard staying at Old Trafford

    Jesse Lingard will NOT be leaving Manchester United before the winter transfer window slams shut, despite interest from a number of clubs.

    Manchester United are not willing to sanction a move to West Ham, Tottenham or Newcastle, who have all been linked with the England star this month.

    Interim boss Ralf Rangnick had given the ok for Lingard to leave after a meeting earlier today at United's Carrington training base.

    But The Athletic report Red Devils were not keen to sanction a move to top-four rivals West Ham or Tottenham.

    Newcastle too could soon become direct competition after their Saudi-backed takeover, which put United off doing business with the Magpies.

  • Rangnick misses out on target

    Manchester United and Arsenal have been left empty-handed after Denis Zakaria completed his £7million Juventus move.

    German side Borussia Monchengladbach confirmed Zakaria had departed for the bargain fee after entering the final six months of his contract.

    The Switzerland international, 25, had been on Ralf Rangnick’s radar during the winter transfer window.

  • Once a red always a red

    Former Manchester United star Ander Herrera has reportedly ruled out a move to Tottenham due to his loyalty for the Red Devils.

    According to The Athletic, Herrera's name was mentioned as being part of a deal that would see Tanguy Ndombele head the other way to Paris Saint-Germain.

    But Herrera insists he is 'happy' at the French giants and 'would only want to play for Manchester United in England'.

  • Newcastle submit fresh Lingard bid

    Newcastle have offered to pay Manchester United a £3million fee to loan Jesse Lingard, according to the Daily Mail.

    The deal also includes a further payment of £4m - a survival bonus should Lingard help Toon escape relegation.

    It is some way short of the fee United wanted but considering they could lose the midfielder in the summer for nothing they may accept the bid.

  • 'He might get a chance'

    Paul Merson feels Jesse Lingard should resist a move to Newcastle on deadline day and the midfielder should instead remain at Manchester United.

    He told Sky Sports News: "He’s at the biggest club in the world of football. It’s a hard one. It’s a special club, Manchester United. When you leave, that’s it. You’re not going back.

    “I’m pretty disappointed he hasn’t been given that much of a chance this season at United. I think he should have got more of a chance, especially with what he did with West Ham last season, and he hasn’t had that opportunity.

    “I think he might get a chance now. I would stay at Manchester United.”

  • Brighton remain stubborn over Bissouma

    Brighton & Hove Albion will reportedly refuse to sell Yves Bissouma before the end of the January transfer window unless they receive an offer of £50m.

    Manchester United have been strongly linked with the central midfielder, who is back in England after representing Mali at the Africa Cup of Nations.

    Meanwhile, Aston Villa are said to be admirers of the 25-year-old, who has made 15 appearances for Graham Potter's side in all competitions during the 2021-22 campaign.

    According to the Daily Mail, Villa have already had a £25m offer for Bissouma rejected by Brighton, with the Seagulls wanting £50m in order to let him leave on transfer deadline day.

  • Evra to enter boxing ring

    Patrice Evra is the latest celebrity to turn to boxing - and will headline the undercard of the World's Scariest Man vs Iranian Hulk fight in the coming months.

    Evra, 40, is believed to be a handy boxer and will be a tough fight for his currently unknown opponent, who will also be a famous figure.

    The Frenchman, who played 379 times for Manchester United, retired from football in 2019 but has been keeping himself in prime condition.

    Evra will be the biggest name on the undercard to Martyn Ford's heavyweight blockbuster fight against Sajad Gharibi, who is known as the Iranian Hulk.

    Former Spurs midfielder Jamie O'Hara has also agreed to fight on the undercard and will take on Katie Price's ex-boyfriend Kris Boyson.

  • Lingard could make London move

    Tottenham are preparing a late move for Jesse Lingard, according to The Daily Mail.

    Spurs reprotedly had a bid for the midfielder rejected by United - who do not want to sell to a top four rival.

    That means the Red Devils could wait until Newcastle increase their offer for Lingard before letting him go.

  • Gard cut?

    Newcastle are turning their attention to Jesse Lingard after missing out on Hugo Ekitike.

    The Magpies recently baulked at the Red Devils’ demand for a ‘survival bonus’ which would have taken the whole package to more than £15m for a four-month rental.

    But The Daily Mail have reported that United lowered the ‘survival bonus’ demand from £12m to £9m over the weekend and could lower it again even further today.

    Toon are pushing hard to get him before tonight’s 11pm deadline and were boosted when Man United Ralf Rangnick gave his blessing for the England midfielder’s departure earlier today.

  • Why Phil Jones is staying

    Phil Jones turned down the chance to move to Bordeaux on loan this month because he wasn’t convinced about the amount of game time he would get and would rather battle for his place at Manchester United.

    The 29-year-old attracted the interest of both Bordeaux and Benfica this month, with the chance to give his career a boost after a very difficult two years due to a knee injury.

    The England international played his first Premier League match in nearly two years earlier this month, and despite Manchester United losing it 1-0 to Wolves, Jones actually looked quite impressive given the length of time he has spent out of action.

  • Schweinsteiger explains Man Utd move

    Bastian Schweinsteiger has revealed that he always wanted to play for Manchester United – he just had to become a European champion with Bayern Munich before making the move.

    He told the UTD Podcast: "My biggest wish was obviously to win the Champions League.

    “In four years, we played three times in the final. We won a lot of titles in Germany, but I wanted to help, obviously with other players like Philipp Lahm, Franck Ribery, Arjen Robben, Manuel Neuer.

    "I wanted to reach the step where you’re able to actually tell the media before the season starts: ‘Yeah we’re one of the favourites for the Champions League and we want to win it.’

    “That was a big step for me and we reached that moment and actually when I felt ‘OK, we are there’, I decided to join United.”

  • Villa enter Jesse Lingard race

    Aston Villa are montioring Jesse Lingard's transfer situation according to the Manchester Evening News.

    Everton, Leicester City and West Ham United are also credited with an interest in Lingard with the latter reportedly making a late move for the 29 year-old.

    Villa defender Matt Target is poised to join Newcastle and freeing up his wages could open up the chance to sign Lingard.

  • United lower Lingard asking price

    Newcastle are turning their attention to Jesse Lingard after missing out on Hugo Ekitike.

    The Magpies recently baulked at the Red Devils’ demand for a ‘survival bonus’ which would have taken the whole package to more than £15m for a four-month rental.

    But The Daily Mail have reported that United lowered the 'survival bonus' demand from £12m to £9m over the weekend and could lower it again even further today.

    Toon are pushing hard to get him before tonight’s 11pm deadline and were boosted when Man United Ralf Rangnick gave his blessing for the England midfielder’s departure earlier today.