Manchester United and Brazilian midfielder Fred appeared to care less about what his honest opinion and view of the club would lead to. This was seen when he gave the hard truths that not many players are willing to give when questioned.

Fred does not like the situation around Manchester United. This is is in terms of failing to have a permanent manager and instead having an interim. According to Fred, this limits the club's goals to short term instead of long term where the players can work for them.

“It is also important to have a long term plan. I think it is a little bit bad for us not to have one, at the moment it's all about the short term goals,” Fred said.

Fred did not stop there. He went ahead to call out the team acknowledging they are far off from being at their best. He said he knew the team was not playing their best football despite having a lot of quality players in the squad.

When asked about his relationship with the fans, Fred seemed to have made peace with the fact that not all the fans will love him. He however said he knew it was all about the results and that is what dictated the relationship with the fans. He however assured them that he gives his everything when playing for the club.

“ I know I am not the best player, the most technical, but I give my blood and life every time I am on the pitch. As we say in Brazil, I carry the piano for the artists to play,” Fred said.