Daniel James described why he would celebrate if he scored in Sunday's match between Leeds United and Manchester United.

James joined Manchester United from Swansea City in 2019 and scored on his debut against Chelsea, however he departed after three seasons. He opted to leave after the summer acquisitions of Jadon Sancho and Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Welshman gained friends and won the hearts of many Manchester United fans with his exploits down the sides at Old Trafford.

He would, however, play against his previous club for the first time since his departure, having aided Man United to a 5-1 win against The Whites in the opposite game at Old Trafford, and said that if he scored, he would celebrate.

The winger, whose speed has been admired by every Manchester United fan and player, has declared that he has no "hatred" for the club and that he departed "on good terms," which is why he intends to celebrate if he scores.

"I had a terrific experience at Manchester United," said Daniel James, who scored a brace against Aston Villa. "Some may see my time there as a failure, but I played a lot of games, learned a lot, and had a great time among top-tier players."

"Will I rejoice if I score?" Of course, I do. I have no animosity for Manchester United. "I parted on good terms." I still have a lot of friends there. " Scoring a goal is an incredible sensation. So, of course, I'm going to celebrate." Daniel James has six goals and seven assists in 50 Premier League appearances for Manchester United.

Ralf Rangnick's team won 2-0 over in-form Brighton and Hove Albion at Old Trafford on Tuesday night. Cristiano Ronaldo scored the game's opening goal in the second half, followed by a goal by Bruno Fernandes in the last seconds. The victory followed a three-game losing run in all competitions.