Manchester United iconic number 7 and five time Ballon D'or winner, Cristiano Ronaldo sparked mixed reactions with his comments, after an interview with DAZN surfaced online hours ago.
The 37 year-old Portuguese international spoke about his desire to win more silverware as well as play for the next 4 - 5 years.
"It’s hard to say that I don’t want more, because if I’m at a club that gives me the opportunity to win more things, why not? I know I don’t have many years left playing, four or five more, we’ll see, and I want to win more things.
"That’s not easy [competing at the highest level at his age], but it seems like it to me, because I show year after year that the numbers speak for themselves. I don’t have to tell you that I’m very good, because the numbers are there.
"The facts are facts, the rest doesn’t matter at all. That’s why I’m very happy with my form, I’m still scoring goals, helping people, teams, both in the national team and at Manchester United and that’s why I want to continue like this."
The fact that Ronaldo believes he can continue playing at the top level for the next four or five years and also continue to score goals has made many fans to jump into criticising him.
See Some Reactions From Fans

My Opinion
It saddens my heart that a player like Cristiano Ronaldo, despite all the success he's enjoyed throughout his career is being disrespected and criticised by fans.
The worst part of it all is that we have some Manchester United fans in the comments, criticising Ronaldo and telling him to leave at the end of the season.
This is a player who has scored the most goals for the club this season, with his 15 in all competitions.
To me, it's absurd that he's being criticised by football fans and even some Manchester United fans.
When the club signed him, they knew what they were getting. A 36 year-old player who is slowly approaching the twilight of arguably the greatest career we've ever seen in football.
Despite all this, the Portuguese is still giving his absolute best to the team whenever he plays. His passion and hunger for success has been tremendous.
People talk about how Ronaldo has is affected Manchester United, but facts shows us that he's outperformed almost all of his teammates. Without him, the club wouldn't still be in the Champions League.
To me, everything Ronaldo said in his interview is absolutely right. It even goes to show what an incredible player he still is.