As Barcelona considers a move for Cesar Azpilicueta, Thiago Silva has emphasised the significance of the "amazing player" to Chelsea.

Cesar Azpilicueta


Since joining the Blues from Marseille eleven years ago, Azpilicueta has played more than 450 times and won every major prize available to him at Stamford Bridge.

His impact and popularity in west London have not prevented Azpilicueta from being frequently linked with an exit from Chelsea as he nears the end of his contract with the club.

Jose Mourinho's Chelsea were hoping to lock down defender Azpilicueta to a new contract, but Roman Abramovich's sanctions against the club owner have put the negotiations on hold.

The 2020 Chelsea signing from Brazil, defender Silva, has made it plain that he wants Azpilicueta to remain at Stamford Bridge and has emphasised the significance of the Spaniard as a major member of the team and as the club's captain. Silva wants Azpilicueta to stay.

Cesar Azpilicueta


Silva told Mundo Deportivo that 'Cesar Azpilicueta, when I came, was one of my biggest sources of support.'

In my opinion, he's a great candidate to lead the team.' As a player, he's looking for a union and doing his best to assist others out.

If you're looking for a really exceptional player and a true professional, go no further than him. Azpilicueta's weather may be brutal.'

Azpilicueta's contract discussions have stalled at Chelsea, and La Liga heavyweights Barcelona are trying to capitalise on the situation.

Meanwhile, Azpilicueta confesses that when he first joined Chelsea in 2012, he could 'never have envisaged' the success he would go on to accomplish at Stamford Bridge.

Cesar Azpilicueta


A decade has passed since my first visit to this location.' same interview, Blues legend says. 'When I first arrived here, I had no idea I'd be here today.'

It is true that in England, captains are given greater responsibility off the field than in Spain, but this is not the case elsewhere.'

The Premier League, the referees, and the club are also more active in our activities. ' Despite the fact that I am a foreigner, I am quite pleased of my promotion to the rank of captain.'